Who is eligible?
- Theater majors in their junior or senior year
- Theater minors and second-term sophomores with special recommendations from theater faculty
- Recent college graduates with an A.A., B.A. or B.F.A. degree (since September 1, 2011) with a theater major or minor
- A GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Evidence of health insurance
Enrollment application package must include:
- Completed application form
- One full-face photograph or 8" x 10" headshot
- Current résumé of theatrical experience
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, using the Letter of Recommendation Form
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended
- A nonrefundable, nonwaivable application fee in the form of a money order or cashier's check payable to American Conservatory Theater in the amount of $50
- An essay (no longer than one typewritten page) describing why you are pursuing training in theater
- Completed Approval Form (for those seeking undergraduate credit)
Please submit your enrollment application package as early as possible. A telephone interview with the applicant will be scheduled when all application materials are received. Students are considered for acceptance in the program once their completed applications are received, reviewed, and a telephone interview has been conducted.
Send application materials to:
Registrar, American Conservatory Theater
30 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94108-5834
Dates and Deadlines:
A.C.T. is currently evaluating applicants for the Spring 2015 semester on a rolling admissions basis. Complete applications will be considered until all spaces have been filled.
Early bird admission deadline: March 13, 2015
Application and financial aid deadline: May 1, 2015
Application fee: $50
Housing: $5,000–7,500 (Please contact the conservatory office at 415.439.2405 for housing suggestions and information.)
Additional fees: Cultural Landscapes course ($400) and library fee ($25)
A.C.T. offers a limited number of scholarships to students enrolled in the San Francisco Semester. While no federal or state aid—such as a Pell Grant or a Stafford Loan—is available, A.C.T. can work with your current/home college to develop a consortium agreement if you are eligible.
Students applying for an A.C.T. scholarship must complete their enrollment application package and submit an online 2014–15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov) by March 2, 2014. Private educational loans are also available if you qualify.
If you have any questions, please contact A.C.T.'s financial aid office at 415.439.2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.